A reinforced grass (turf stabilizing) system that allows you to park and drive on grass without killing it.
CORE GrassTMTurf Stabilizer is a green choice for low-impact parking. A beautiful, sustainable and economical solution to manage stormwater and reduce heat island effects in public places, parking and traffic areas. Parking lots, access roads, and driveways installed with CORE Grass are stabilized so turf can grow, with no ruts or sinking, and all the beauty and benefits of a natural, green surface.
CORE Grass is environmentally friendly in design, function and material. Many plastic grass grids on the market lack the strength necessary to last and absorb high levels of traffic; not so with our honeycomb design. This product provides amazing stability, grass protection and a sustainable drainage model as well as providing the visual and natural effect of a grass paver. Using our recommended structural soil mix you will NOT compact the soil in our grids. Translation: YOU CAN DRIVE ON OUR GRASS SURFACE ALL DAY LONG! We do not limit use to only 5 passes a day!
CORE Grass is a proprietary interlocking design with manageable panel sizes that makes for easy installation. They are easily trimmed to work around curved border areas. Applications are ideal for use in hardscapes or landscapes where you need the porosity and beauty of natural grass to support all types of traffic (see our Catalogue for additional information).
PANEL CHOICE: WHEN AND WHERE TO USE (Discounts available for volume orders)
50-35*- residential parking or fire access lanes where sporadic but heavy use is anticipated. Panel size: 10.33 sq.ft. Price per panel: $28.92 USD
60-40*- daily use for large vehicular traffic or for areas where additional drainage features are required – note the lateral drainage capability of each cell. Ideal for green parking lots. Panel size: 12.4 sq.ft. Price per panel: $36.58 USD
65-45*- our heaviest duty panel type. This one is ideal for horse paddock (equestrian) use as it does NOT contain a geotextile fabric. For vehicular traffic, this panel can take the largest loaded commercial vehicles on a daily use basis. Also available in black (100% recycled plastic) with geotextile attached. Special order only. Pricing quoted per project.
Want more technical information on our panels? Go to our Catalogue.
*these numbers represent the width and depth in millimetres of a each honeycomb-shaped cell
- Max Load Support – Enhanced load bearing ensures no rutting or soil compression with vehicle traffic, yet still 100% pervious (permeable).
- Stormwater BMP – Reduces storm water runoff significantly and improves water quality with natural pollution filtration and treatment.
- Heat Island LID - Reduce and mitigate urban heat island effects with this cool low-impact development practice.
- LEED Credit - Used in SUDS and LEED compliant porous paving BMPs for ideal draining and minimal environmental impact.
- ADA Compliant – Used in ADA disability compliant surfaces for pedestrians, bicycles, & wheelchair traffic.
- Erosion Control – Address a wide range of erosion control, earth retention, slope protection, and stability issues.
- Parking lines in grass – Easily add delineation and edge indicators with CORE Marker.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Nearly invisible, no unsightly infrastructure is seen, just green grass.
|Material||100% Recycled or virgin polypropylene (PP)|
Optional: Black, White and custom colours
|Cell Shape||Honeycomb cells|
|Cell Wall Height||35mm – 45mm|
|Strength||150 – 250 tons/m2 (EMPTY)|
|Medium Sheet Size||50-35 = 47.2” x 31.5” (1200mm x 800 mm) or 60-40 = 45.3″ x 39.4″ (1150 x 1000 mm) or 65-45 = 45.3″ x 31.5″ (1150 X 800 mm)|
|Jumbo Sheet Size||2-3 times panel size as per above
Custom sizes also available
We are the Canadian/US Distributors for the CORE SYSTEM product line.
Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.