CORE Gravel is a stabilized gravel system consisting of panels of connected honeycomb cells with a geotextile backing. Made with either 100% recycled PP (polypropylene) (black or green) or recyclable PP material (white or gray), our proprietary manufacturing process provides a rigid honeycomb core design that holds its uniform hexagon shape while providing maximum load bearing. When filled with gravel the product is practically invisible, making for attractive driveways, laneways and patio installations. Part of a natural porous paving system, just add gravel to the interlocking panels of honeycomb cells and you have an attractive, permeable and eco-friendly surface. Storm water runoff is no longer an issue when using our system.
Our CORE gravel (medium duty permeable paver) is shown here in this video. This gives you an idea of how strong the product is based on the use of the hexagon, closed cell system. The hexagon is the strongest shape in nature. Used in our CORE gravel system, you get amazing, even weight distribution.
(Video provided by coregravelUK)
DOING IT RIGHT - THE FIRST TIME AROUND!
All of our grids contains Carbon Black as a UV (ultra- violet light) inhibitor
All of our grids are made by Injection Mold – the highest quality process available for creating plastic products
All of our CORE gravel and CORE grass grids have flexibility (resistance to fracture), tensile strength and maximum shearing load (thank the bees for these last 2!)
All of CORE gravel grids come with a geotextile fabric heat-welded to the back of every single honeycomb cell. This saves time and money during installation.
All of our grids (grass or gravel) are closed cell systems. This is very important if you don’t want gravel/sand seeping out of your grid surfaces. Ours will never do this! Guaranteed!!
CORE Gravel solves the problems associated with loose gravel: sinking, migrating and forming ruts. Your solution for hassle-free gravel paving for all types of vehicle or pedestrian traffic with no compromise in strength and durability. The underside incorporates a durable geotextile which is heat welded to each cell and allows water to drain easily while preventing weed growth. All panel edges have an interlocking system that makes for easy installation, even on steep grades.
Honeycomb cell sizes start at 38 mm (1.5″) wide and 18 mm (3/4″) deep (38-18) and go up to 65 mm (2.6″) wide and 45 mm (1.8″) deep (65-45). In addition to the gravel required to fill each cell, we recommend ONLY 1 cm (<1/2″) of gravel over top of each honeycomb cell. For compression test results, see Pages 11/12 in our Catalogue. All pricing below is retail pricing. Ask us about contractor and volume discount prices. We deliver anywhere in North America!
PANEL CHOICE AND WHEN AND WHERE TO USE:
(TO ORDER, CALL US AT 1.855.777.2673 OR E-MAIL INFO@COREGRAVEL.CA)
- The 38-18 (white -virgin plastic only) is our lightest duty panel (at only 18 mm (3/4″) deep!). Use for very light duty pedestrian pathway applications. Ideal for those garden areas where you need the gravel to stay put but want to also walk/wheel on a stable surface. Panel size: 9.9 sq.ft. Price per panel: $17.72
- The 38-25R is for light-duty applications such as residential pathways and light duty parking areas (R=100% recycled plastic – black only). See video below for use of our 38-25R panel type. Panel size: 9.9 sq.ft. Price per panel: $23.66
Video provided by COREgravel UK
- 38-30 is also for light duty applications, but this panel can hold more gravel so the parking of a utility trailer/car/small truck is feasible (white virgin plastic only). Panel size: 10.33 sq.ft. Price per panel: $25.31
- 38-40 and 50-40R are both for medium-duty applications such as residential parking, camper/trailer parking etc. [38-40 = white (virgin) plastic, 50-40 = recycled black plastic]. Panel size: 10.33 sq.ft. Price per panel (38-40): $27.89 Price per panel (50-40R): $25.83
- 50-35HDR is for heavy-duty applications such as driveways, slopes and public high foot traffic sites (also available in grey (virgin) plastic by special order). Panel size: 9.4 sq.ft. Price per panel: $25.85
- 60-40 is our new generation heavy duty panel. Created for North American commercial parking lot applications (our trucks are just bigger!) as well as areas where drainage is an issue (hard surfaces or similar). NOTE: BUILT-IN LATERAL DRAINAGE FEATURES, ideal for placement on surfaces with minimal base material as well as rooftop applications. Panel size: 12.4 sq.ft. Price per panel: $36.58
- 65-45 is our heaviest duty panel yet. Created for those sites where consistent (daily) use by heavy vehicles is anticipated. (65-45 is only available R). Larger orders by Special Order only.
WANT TO TOUCH AND FEEL OUR PRODUCT? WE PROVIDE SAMPLE PACKS FOR $10-$20 DEPENDING ON DESIRED QUANTITY – TO ANYWHERE IN CANADA or THE U.S.A. GIVE US A CALL AT 1.855.777.2673(CORE)
- Super Strong – Enhanced load bearing causes no driveway rutting, separating or sliding with vehicle traffic.
- Gravel Stabilization – Get gravel to stay put, no ruts, no sinking, no problems.
- Cost Effective – Lower labour installation and material costs make it an affordable, green alternative to concrete, asphalt or block pavers.
- Green Solution – Environmentally friendly porous paving allows the rain to drain through the entire surface rather than running off.
- Reduced Liability – because your gravel stays put, neighbouring hard surfaces see less loose gravel and therefore less opportunity for slippage incidents from foot and cycling traffic.
- Beautification – A pea gravel walkway, gravel driveway or patio offers stunning curb appeal.
Product Certified by:
|Material||100% Recycled polypropylene (PP) or virgin recyclable PP|
|Colour||Black, grey or milky-white, Optional: custom colours|
|Cell Shape||Honeycomb cells (exception: 60-40 & 65-45 modified octagon)|
|Cell Wall Height||18mm – 65mm|
|Strength||Basic cells 40 – 60 tons/m2 empty (Heavy Duty: 200 tons empty, >300 tons/m2 filled) (Commercial Duty: 250 tons/m2 empty and >350tons/m2 filled)|
|Big Sheet Size||31.5” x 47.2” / 800mm x 1200mm [1000mm X 1150mm for 60-40 panels and 800mm X 1150mm for 65-45 panels]|
|Jumbo Sheet Size||47.2” x 94.5” / 1200mm X 2400mm [1000mm X 2300mm for 60-40 panels and 1200mm X 2300mm for 65-45 panels]|
NOTE: Our compression testing results are provided for EMPTY cells as well as filled. Variable fill material can skew compression testing results depending on the ‘hardness’ of the rock. So, when comparing different grid system, compare only the ‘empty’ cell compression test results for a true comparison of product durability.
We are the Canadian/US Distributors for the CORE SYSTEM product line. Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.