Grass Surfaced Parking Made Easy
CORE Grass is a turf stabilizing system, a green choice for low-impact parking. CORE Grass Reinforcement grids provide amazing stability, grass protection and sustainable drainage, while delivering the desirable visual and natural effect of grass paving. A beautiful, sustainable and economical solution to manage storm water and reduce heat island effects in public places, parking and traffic areas.
Parking lots, access roads, and driveways installed with CORE Grass are stabilized so turf can grow, with no ruts or sinking, and all the beauty and benefits of a natural, green surface.
Environmentally Friendly Grass Surfaced Parking System
CORE Grass is environmentally friendly in design, function and material. Many plastic grass grids on the market lack the strength necessary to last and absorb high levels of traffic; not so with our honeycomb design. This product provides amazing stability, grass protection and a sustainable drainage model as well as providing the visual and natural effect of a grass paver.
Unlike other plastic grass grids, CORE Grass Reinforcement is environmentally friendly and has the strength to withstand high levels of traffic. This system provides Load Bearing of up to 350 tons per square metre (dependent on grid size), making it suitable for pedestrians, cars, 4x4s and even heavy commercial or emergency vehicles. The design of the grid allows for conventional maintenance of your lawn with ride-on or hand lawn mowers.
CORE Grass is a proprietary interlocking design with manageable panel sizes that makes for easy installation. They are easily trimmed to work around curved border areas. Applications are ideal for use in hardscapes or landscapes where you need the porosity and beauty of natural grass to support all types of traffic. See our Catalogue (pages 14 & 15) for additional information.
Stormwater Permeates the Entire Surface
CORE Grass 60-40, features a unique lateral drainage system that allows water to move horizontally through the grid just below the surface. CORE Grass 50-35 is ideal for most homeowner applications, while our CORE Grass 60-40 is ideal for commercial settings. The unique design of CORE Grass 60-40 provides lateral drainage capability, allowing the water to move horizontally through the grids, just below the surface.
This allows stormwater to permeate evenly across the entire surface, protecting the turf from unnecessary erosion and providing even, consistent growth.
CORE Grass Benefits
- Max Load Support – Enhanced load bearing ensures no rutting or soil compression with vehicle traffic, yet still 100% pervious (permeable).
- Stormwater BMP – Reduces storm water runoff significantly and improves water quality with natural pollution filtration and treatment.
- Heat Island LID - Reduce and mitigate urban heat island effects with this cool low-impact development practice.
- LEED Credit - Used in SUDS and LEED compliant porous paving BMPs for ideal draining and minimal environmental impact.
- ADA Compliant – Used in ADA disability compliant surfaces for pedestrians, bicycles, & wheelchair traffic.
- Erosion Control – Address a wide range of erosion control, earth retention, slope protection, and stability issues.
- Parking lines in grass – Easily add delineation and edge indicators with CORE Marker.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Nearly invisible, no unsightly infrastructure is seen, just green grass.
CORE Product Features
- All of our grids contain Carbon Black as a UV (ultra- violet light) inhibitor.
- All of our grids are made by Injection Mold, the highest quality process available for creating rigid plastic products. Lower quality 2-part extrusion molded products that come in rolls and have non-continuous surfaces are not uniform and the plastic has the potential to separate with tire turning.
- All of our CORE Gravel and CORE Grass grids have flexibility (resistance to fracture), tensile strength and maximum shearing load (thank the bees for these last 2).
- All CORE Gravel grids come with a geotextile fabric heat-welded to the back of every single honeycomb cell. This saves time and money during installation.
Click Here for a CORE Grass Fact Sheet & Installation Guide
Click Here for CORE Grass Specifications.
We are the Canadian/US Distributors for the CORE SYSTEM product line. Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.