Gravel Driveway, Path and Parking Stabilization
CORE Gravel™ is a gravel stabilizing system that consists of a foundation of connected honeycomb-celled panels with a geotextile backing. Once filled with gravel this system is ideal for public spaces, vehicle or pedestrian traffic with no compromise in strength and durability. This eco-friendly system costs less than other parking systems, including asphalt, concrete and block pavers.
Permeable Gravel Surfaces that do not rut or move...
CORE Gravel™ solves the problems associated with loose gravel: sinking, migrating and forming ruts. This is a proven solution for hassle-free gravel paving for all types of vehicle or pedestrian traffic with no compromise in strength and durability. The underside incorporates a durable geotextile which is heat welded to each cell, allowing water to drain easily while preventing weed growth. All panel edges have an interlocking system that makes for easy installation, even on steep grades.
Made with either 100% recycled PP (polypropylene, black or grey) or recyclable PP material (white or grey), our proprietary manufacturing process provides a rigid honeycomb core design that holds its uniform hexagon shape while providing maximum load bearing. When filled with gravel the product is practically invisible, making for attractive driveways, pathways and patio installations. This porous and eco-friendly surface allows for storm water to permeate into the soil, dramatically reducing runoff problems.
CORE Gravel™ is an excellent gravel stabilizing system. The video (top right) gives you an idea of how strong the product is based on the use of this hexagon, closed cell system.
All CORE Gravel™ grids are available in white or light grey virgin polypropylene or recycled polypropylene in either black or dark grey. All options are virtually invisible when filled and covered with gravel, even when using a light coloured aggregate. But, our colour options give you the best selection to match your local aggregate colours if needed.
CORE Gravel™ Applications
Why choose CORE Gravel over other products on the market?
All of our grids (grass or gravel) are a closed cell system. This means that all of the cells are attached to the neighbouring cell with no open spaces. Open spaces have the potential to allow gravel or soils to seep out, which translates to better use and minimal maintenance. This type of system also provides an even weight distribution; important to ensuring no compaction ever takes place in our cells. A CORE gravel surface starts out flat, tidy and attractive.....and stays that way.
CORE Gravel Benefits
- Gravel Stabilization - Get gravel to stay put, no ruts, no sinking, no problems.
- Low Cost - Because the gravel won't move around you can use less, giving you a porous surface that costs less than concrete, asphalt or block pavers.
- Superior Strength - Enhanced load bearing eliminates rutting, separating or sliding with vehicle traffic.
- Reduce Base Gravel Layer - Gravel Equivalent Factor (GF) is 4"-6" for every 1" of our CORE Gravel grid height. Translation? Less base material needed when using our grids. Less base means less cost.
- Weed Reduction - The geotextile backing underneath each panel surpresses weed growth.
- Dust Reduction - because you are using 'clear' fractured, or pea, gravel, no fines are present, therefore no dust.
- Green Solution - Environmentally friendly porous gravel paving allows the drain the rain over the entire surface.
- SUDS Compliant - Because CORE Gravel™ is porous, it is ideal for solutions requiring a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (or SUDS).
- ADA Compliant - Ideal for pedestrians, bicycles and wheelchair traffic.
- Invisible - When filled the product is practically invisible, leaving you with a stunning surface that is easy to maintain.
CORE Gravel Product Features
- All of our grids contain Carbon Black as a UV (ultra- violet) light inhibitor.
- All of our grids are made by Injection Mold, the highest quality process available for creating rigid plastic products. Lower quality 2-part extrusion molded products that come in rolls and have non-continuous surfaces are not uniform and the plastic has the potential to separate with tire turning.
- All of our CORE Gravel™ and CORE Grass™ grids have flexibility (resistance to fracture), tensile strength and maximum shearing load (thank the bees for these last 2).
- All CORE Gravel™ grids come with a geotextile fabric heat-welded to the back of every single honeycomb cell. This saves time and money during installation.
CORE Gravel Specifications
|Material||100% Recycled polypropylene (PP) or virgin recyclable PP|
|Colour||Black, grey or milky-white, Optional: custom colours|
|Cell Shape||Hexagon - honeycomb cells (exception: 60-40 modified octagon, 65-30 square)|
|Cell Wall Height||18mm – 45mm|
|Strength||Basic cells 40 – 60 tons/m2 empty (Heavy Duty: 200 tons empty, >300 tons/m2 filled) (Commercial Duty: 250 tons/m2 empty and >350tons/m2 filled)|
|Sheet Size||Variable by grid (see Product Page)|
|Jumbo Sheet Size||For full container orders only. Size varies depending on grid selected|
NOTE: Our compression testing results are provided for EMPTY cells as well as filled. Variable fill material can skew compression testing results depending on the ‘hardness’ of the rock. So, when comparing different grid system, compare only the ‘empty’ cell compression test results for a true comparison of product durability.
Interested in CORE Gravel™ Product Samples?
Click Here to order one of our product sample packs.
We provide sample packs ranging in price from $10-$25 depending on where you are in Canada or the USA.
PDF Resource Links
CORE Gravel™ Resources Page
CORE Gravel™ Products Page
CORE Gravel™ Install Guide
We are the Canadian/US Distributors for the CORE Gravel product line.
Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.
CORE Gravel™ products are certified by: