Gravel Pathway Stabilization
CORE Path™ is the perfect solution for pathways, patios, and small areas that require the natural beauty of gravel with the stability of the CORE Landscape Products system. No more raking, no more muddy feet - CORE Path provides a firm, sturdy surface that requires minimal maintenance whatever the weather.
SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR DO IT YOURSELF APPLICATION
It's as easy as 1-2-3! Install a CORE Path in a day or a weekend and admire your handy work!
CORE Path comes in 2 handy install packs:
- 70 sq.ft. pack: 14 sheets measuring 785mm (31 in) x 580mm (23 in), with a grid thickness of 18mm (0.70 in). Each pack will cover a 8 metre long pathway X 0.8 metres wide (26' x 2.5'), without cutting, or a 6.50m2 (70 Sq.ft) area.
-15 sq.ft. pack: 6 sheets measuring 393mm (~16 in) x 580mm (23 in), with a grid thickness of 18mm (0.70 in). Each pack will cover a 2.5 metre long pathway X 0.25 metres wide (8' x 2'), without cutting, or a 1.40m2 (15 Sq.ft) area.
Purchase CORE Path Handy Packs
Larger order? Please provide your project details here and we will get back to you with your personalized quote.
CORE Path is suitable for:
- Pedestrian and Wheelchair Traffic
- Wheel Barrow Use
- Creating Garden Pathways
Aggregate Fill Size: We recommend up to 12mm angular gravel, (please note: the smaller the aggregate, the flatter it lays, and the easier it is to walk on). The sheets have a weed membrane heat welded to the underside and should be laid on a suitable sub-base (see Specifications and Install Guide below). Alternatively they can be laid over existing tarmac, concrete or gravel pathways.
Environmentally Friendly: Completely porous and SUDS compliant (Sustainable Urban Drainage System). Perfect For: pathways, patios, green house floors etc. Load Bearing: 40 tons/m2 empty and 150 tons/m2 full (approximately 15 tons/ft2). Suitable For: Pedestrian, bicycle, wheelchair and disabled traffic, fully ADA compliant (American Disability Act).
Benefits & Flexibility:
- Available in white, virgin recyclable plastic.
- Huge savings on aggregates; requiring 50% less gravel than a typical gravel surface.
- Easy to self-install.
- Easy to manage sheet size.
- Easy to cut using pruning shears, heavy-duty scissors or disc cutter.
- The sheets are highly flexible, allowing them to bend slightly and follow the contour of the ground.
- No need for a separate weed membrane 50g/m2 non- woven geotextile firmly heat welded to the underside of the grid.
- No need to purchase heavy duty grids for a light duty pathway! All COREgravel stabilizing grids have been designed for a specific task, so now you don’t have to purchase a heavy grid capable of taking HGV traffic to form a quick and easy to install pathway; saving time and money.
Brief Install Guide: CORE Path can be laid over firm ground on a 10-15mm sharp sand blinding, if ground is soft, firm with thin layer of sub-base depending on CBR (California Bearing Ratio) of existing ground. Each pack requires 200 kg (440 lbs), ensuring there is a thin layer of gravel to cover the grid. Our grid can also be laid directly over existing concrete, tarmac, gravel or paving slabs. Simply level the existing surface, with a blinding of sharp sand, ensure adjoining surfaces finish level to avoid trip hazards, clip the sheets together, and back fill with your chosen gravel. Each 6.50m2 (70 Sq.ft) per pack contains 14 sheets measuring 785mm (31 in) x 580mm (23 in). One of these packs will surface a pathway 8 m long x 0.8 m wide (26' x 2.5'), without the need to cut any sheets. Using 1 ton of 6-8mm(1/4" to 1/2") gravel laid at 25mm (1") depth (18mm in the grid and 7mm over the grid - 3/4"in the grid and 1/2" over the grid) will cover approximately 35m2 (375 sq.ft.) (~5 packs).
PDF Resource Links
CORE Path™ Install Guide.
CORE Path™ Specifications and Install Guide.
We are the Canadian/US Distributors for the CORE Gravel product line. Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.